Questions & Answers

What if I paid taxes in Pennsylvania or Virginia?

If your only income during 2020 was from wages and/or salaries in either of these two states, you may not claim this credit. In order to receive a refund of the erroneously withheld tax, you must file a return with these states. If you spent more than 183 days in one of these states and are considered an actual resident for tax purposes, or, if you had income from a source other than wages and/or salaries, you're allowed credit for income taxes paid to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or Virginia by completing this credit. You must maintain a copy of the other state tax return in your files.

SPECIAL NOTE: You may not need to have the other state's income tax withheld from your wages. Contact your employer or the other state's taxing authority for additional information.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility