Questions & Answers

What if I'm a student going to school outside my home state?

If you're a college student attending an out-of-state college, you'll probably need to file a full-year resident return for your home state and not the college state unless you have a permanent address in the college state and have established residency in the college state. If you worked in the college state without establishing residency there, you'll probably need to file a nonresident return with that state in addition to filing a full-year return with your home state.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility