What are the requirements to claim the Local and State Retirement Benefits subtraction?
To qualify for the Local and State Retirement Benefits subtraction, you must meet the following requirements:
- You were retired from the system before January 1, 1964, or
- You were a member of the system as of December 31, 1963, retiring at a later date and payments you receive are from an account established before 1964, or
- You are receiving payments from the system as the beneficiary of an individual who met either of the above conditions.
- Your retirement payments are from one of the following retirement systems:
- Milwaukee City Employees
- Milwaukee City Police Officers
- Milwaukee Fire Fighters
- Milwaukee Public School Teachers
- Milwaukee County Employees
- Milwaukee Sheriff
- Wisconsin State Teachers