Questions & Answers

What is the Qualifying Disability Deduction?

If you have a physical disability constituting a substantial handicap to employment, you may deduct the expense incurred to modify a motor vehicle, home, or work place necessary to compensate for the disability.

You'll need proof of the expenses incurred and a description of the physical disability with documentation regarding the Social Security Administration recognition and/or allowance of this expense. If you're mailing your return, include this with your return. If you are e-filing your return, keep this in your records for three years in case the Oklahoma Tax Commission requests it.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility