Questions & Answers

Do I qualify for the Child and Dependent Care Credit?

You qualify to claim this credit if you meet all of the following for the tax year:
  • The care was performed in California for one or more qualifying persons who lived in your home for more than half the year.
  • You paid for care so you could work or look for work.
  • You had at least as much earned income as you paid for child or dependent care.
  • Your federal adjusted gross income is $100,000 or less.
  • The person who provided care was not your spouse, the parent of your qualifying child, or a person who you can claim as a dependent.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility