Questions & Answers

Can I take the Public School Contributions Credit if I made contributions or paid fees to a charter school?

Yes. You may take the Public School Contributions Credit for contributions you made or fees you paid to a public school in support of extracurricular activities, standardized testing for college credit or readiness, career and technical education industry certification assessment, preparation courses for standardized testing, cardiopulmonary resuscitation training, or character education. This includes amounts paid to a charter school.

Contributions made or fees paid to any of the following do NOT qualify for this credit:

  • A nongovernmental school
  • A preschool
  • A community college
  • A university
  • A public school located outside of Arizona

Let's Get Started

© 2002-2019 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement