Questions & Answers

How do I get a copy of a prior year tax return?

If you filed your prior year return with FreeTaxUSA, simply sign in to your account and click the Account link at the top of your screen. You can view and print any of your previous returns in the Prior Year Tax Return section of the Edit User Profile screen.

If you don't have access to last year's return, you can get immediate access to a transcript of your tax return using the IRS Get Transcript Online tool . A transcript includes items from your tax return as it was originally filed. IRS transcripts will meet lending or immigration requirements as a substitute for a tax return.

There are three ways to request a transcript:

  1. Use the IRS Get Transcript Online tool  (immediate access)
  2. Call 1-800-908-9946 (5 to 10 days for mailed transcript)
  3. Use Form 4506-T  (5 to 10 days after the IRS receives your Form 4506-T)

Let's Get Started

© 2002-2019 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement