Questions & Answers

Am I a part-year resident of Hawaii?

If you move your legal residence into or out of Hawaii during 2021, you're a resident of two different states during two different periods of the tax year, and you would choose "Part-year resident" as your status for Hawaii.

If you spent more than 200 days of 2021 in Hawaii, you are considered a resident. This means you should choose full-year or part-year resident for your residency status unless you can show that you maintained a permanent home outside the state and were in the state for a temporary or transitory purpose.

Note that students and military members have different requirements.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility