Questions & Answers

Who is a nonresident of California?

You are a nonresident of California if your permanent home is in another state but work in California or receive income from California sources.

Military personnel whose home of record is NOT California but are stationed in California are considered nonresidents. In this case, you are only required to file a California tax return if you earned income from California sources other than military pay.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility