Questions & Answers

What if I am in the military and stationed in Kansas?

The service pay you received as a member of the armed forces is taxable only by your state of legal residence. Usually your state of legal residence is the state you lived in at the time of induction into the service.

If you were not a Kansas resident when you joined the service, but you or your spouse earned income other than military pay in the state of Kansas, you must report that income to Kansas by filing a Kansas nonresident tax return.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility