Questions & Answers

What military pay may I subtract from my income?

You may subtract pay for the following, when included in your AGI:

  • Duty in the armed forces, including basic training
  • Duty for serving in the U.S. Armed Forces Reserves or a National Guard unit, including a National Guard unit of another state
  • Duty as a cadet in the U.S. Military, Air Force, or Coast Guard academies, as a midshipman in the U.S. Naval Academy, or in ROTC
You may also subtract any income for which federal income tax was forgiven due to the recipient's death in a combat zone or due to wounds, disease, or injury incurred in a combat zone.

What military pay can't be subtracted from income?

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility