Questions & Answers

What military pay can I deduct?

You can deduct active duty military pay and allowances received while you're stationed outside of Ohio.

You need to be an Ohio resident servicemember and the pay needs to be included in federal adjusted gross income. Do not deduct any other types of military income.

Stationed means your permanent duty station. This is the military installation where you're currently assigned and physically located under non-temporary duty orders. Periods of active duty outside Ohio for purposes other than training, or training periods greater than 30 days outside Ohio, qualify as being stationed outside Ohio for the deduction.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility