What are Other Miscellaneous Deductions for Itemized Deductions?
Other Miscellaneous Deductions include:
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- A deduction for amortizable bond premium
- An ordinary loss attributable to a contingent payment debt instrument or an inflation-indexed debt instrument
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
Note: If you need to enter gambling losses don't enter those as other miscellaneous deductions. Gambling losses are only deductible up to the amount of gambling winnings. If you entered any gambling winnings as income, you can enter your gambling losses on the Other Itemized Deductions