Questions & Answers

Should my Form 1099-MISC income be reported on my business (Schedule C) ?

If it's income that isn't subject to self-employment taxes, then it is considered miscellaneous income shown on the line labeled "Other Income" on Form 1040.

If it's for work you did on the side, such as consulting income or any type of income you received for services you did, then it is shown on Schedule C and requires self-employment taxes to be paid.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility