Questions & Answers

Where do I enter my Uber or Lyft driver income and expenses?

Menu Path: Income > Business Income > Business Income (Schedule C)

Income earned from Uber or Lyft is typically considered self-employment income and should be reported on a Schedule C.

Fill out the basic business information on the Basic Business Information screen. Choose Transportation and Warehousing for your Business Category and (485300) Ridesharing, taxi and limousine service for your Business Code. Continue until you get to the Other Income and Returns Expense screen. You can enter your income as gross receipts (including any income reported to you on a 1099-K).

If you have any other expenses, such as vehicle expenses, you may also enter that information in the Business (Schedule C) section.

Note: If you received a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC for your Uber or Lyft driving, you'll want to enter your Form first. Then attach that form to the Schedule C by checking the box on the Attach 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC page, and do not enter that same income again on the Other Income and Returns Expense page.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility