Questions & Answers

What if I earn money from running a blog?

Income you receive for running a blog is generally considered self-employment income and is reported on Schedule C. You're required to report it on your tax return.

You can, however, take deductions to help offset that income; some common deductions bloggers take include:
  • home office deduction
  • office supplies
  • website fees
  • conference fees
If you're unsure if your income is self-employment income, use the IRS Interactive Tax Assistant to determine whether your income is subject to self-employment tax.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility