Questions & Answers

What if I sell goods on Etsy, Big Cartel, or other sites?

Income you receive for selling goods is considered self-employment income if you sell the goods for more than you paid for them. This income is reported on Schedule C. You're required to report it on your tax return.

You can take deductions though; some common deductions sellers take include:

  • home office deduction
  • inventory
  • commissions and fees
  • office supplies
  • subscriptions

Let's Get Started

© 2002-2019 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement