Questions & Answers

What if I drive for Uber, Lyft, or another company?

Income you receive for driving for Uber or another company is considered self-employment income and is reported on Schedule C. You're required to report it on your tax return.

You can take deductions though; some common deductions drivers can take include:

  • car expenses (miles driven)
  • parking and tolls
  • insurance
  • home office deduction
  • interest on a car loan
  • fees and commissions
  • smart phone used for business
  • snacks/water you provide for customers

Let's Get Started

© 2002-2019 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement