Questions & Answers

What is the Alternative Fuel Credit?

You can claim a credit for the cost of converting your motor vehicle to operate on an alternative fuel. Your credit is equal to 50% of the cost to convert your motor vehicle for a maximum credit of up to $1,000.

In order to qualify for this credit, your motor vehicle has to be licensed in Montana and the conversion has to be from gasoline to an alternative fuel, such as natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, liquefied natural gas, hydrogen, electricity, or other combinations.

For further instructions on the Alternative Fuel Credit and to calculate this credit, see Montana Form AFCR . When you claim this credit, you will have to include a copy of Form AFCR with your tax return.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility