Questions & Answers

Business Income and Expenses (Schedule C)

Menu Path: Income > Business Income > Business Income (Schedule C)

Enter in the Business Income (Schedule C) section.

If you have self-employment income or business income from a sole proprietorship (not a corporation or partnership) or if you have consulting or contractor income, you need to enter your business income on Schedule C.

The IRS considers consulting or contractor income as business income that needs to be entered on a Schedule C. If you have self-employment income from a Form 1099-NEC or Form 1099-MISC, which is the case with most Form 1099-NECs and Form 1099-MISCs, you'll need to report the income on Schedule C.

Let's Get Started