What is the Credit for Public School Contributions?
You can claim a credit for cash contributions made and for certain fees paid to public schools in Arizona.
||Maximum Amount of Credit
|Single or Head of Household
||Up to $200
|Married Filing Jointly or Married Filing Separately*
||Up to $400
*For Married Filing Separately
, each spouse may claim only one-half of the credit that would've been allowed if filing jointly.
To qualify for the credit, you must make contributions or pay fees to a public school in Arizona for the following purposes:
- standardized testing for college credit or readiness offered by a widely recognized and accepted educational testing organization
- the career and technical education industry certification assessment
- preparation courses and materials for standardized testing
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation training
- extracurricular activities
- character education programs
- from and after June 30, 2019, through June 30, 2022,
contributions or fees paid for the following items
- acquiring capital items, as defined in the uniform
system of financial records, including those items
listed in section 15-903, subsection c, paragraphs 2
- community school meal programs
- student consumable health care supplies
- playground equipment and shade structures for
If the allowable tax credit is more than your tax or if you have no tax, you may carry forward the unused credit for up to the next 5 years.
See Credit for Public School Contributions Definitions and Details
for more information.