What makes a password more secure?
Having a strong password is an important part of protecting your account and tax information from unauthorized access. Your password must include:
- At least 8 characters
- At least one lower-case letter: abcd...
- At least one upper-case letter: ABCD...
- At least one number: 1234...
- At least one symbol: [email protected]#$%^&*...
Essential elements of password security:
- Don't tell anyone your password.
- Make your password easy for you to remember but hard for someone else to guess.
- If you think there's even a chance someone else might know your password, change it.
There are plenty of ways to come up with passwords that meet the criteria above. One example is to choose three short words and paste them together with punctuation and numbers between them.