What is the Employer Transit Pass Credit?
If you are an employer who purchases transit passes to resell or give to your employees and the transit passes meet the qualifications listed below, you may be eligible for the Employer Transit Pass Credit. This credit is equal to 30 percent of the difference between the price you pay for the passes and the price you charge employees.
- The transit pass must be a pass, token, farecard, voucher, or similar item entitling a person to transportation at regular or reduced prices.
- The passes must be used in Minnesota.
- The transportation must be provided by either:
- a public or privately-owned mass transit facility; or
- a person in the business of transporting people for compensation or hire. The vehicle used for the transportation must have seating capacity for at least six adults, not including the driver.