Who is eligible for the Property Tax Rebate for Persons
65 or Older?
This rebate is for property tax billed or rent paid during tax year 2018 on your principal place of residence in New Mexico. The property tax rebate cannot exceed $250 or, for a married taxpayer filing a separate return, the rebate cannot exceed $125.
No property tax rebate is available for property that is not subject to property tax.
To qualify for a rebate all of the following must be true:
- You have a modified gross income of $16,000 or less.
- You were age 65 or older on the last day of the tax year.
- You were a resident of New Mexico during the tax year.
- You were physically present in New Mexico for at least six months in 2018.
- You are not eligible to be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer for 2018.
- You were not an inmate of a public institution for more than six months in 2018.