Questions & Answers

What is the Elderly Care Credit?

You can claim a credit for paying certain expenses to provide care to an elderly family member. Your credit cannot exceed $5,000 for one qualifying family member or $10,000 for the care of two or more qualifying family members.

In order to qualify for this credit, you need to care for an elderly family member who is at least 65 or has been determined to be disabled by the Social Security Administration, and who has a family income of $15,000 or less if not married, or $30,000 or less if married. In addition, your Montana adjusted gross income must be less than certain limits determined by your filing status.

For further instructions on the Elderly Care Credit and to calculate this credit, see Montana Form ECC . When you claim this credit, you will have to include a copy of Form ECC with your tax return.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility