Questions & Answers

What should I enter as the cost or other basis?

If you received Form 1099-B, enter the amount from Box 1e.

If you are reporting the sale of a second home or vacation home, see Basis of Second Home or Vacation Home.

If you are entering information for a nonbusiness bad debt, see Bad Debt Expense.

If you sold a gift you received, see Gifts of Stock, Home, or Property.

If you sold property you inherited, see Basis of Inherited Property.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility