Questions & Answers

Can I claim the New York Tuition Credit if the college is not in New York?

Yes. Any institution of higher education located in or out of New York state qualifies.

An institution of higher education includes any institution of higher education or business, trade, technical, or other occupational school located in or outside of New York State. The institution must be recognized and approved by either the regents of the University of New York or a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association accepted by the regents. In addition, the institution or school must provide a course of study leading to the granting of a post-secondary degree, certificate, or diploma.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility