Questions & Answers

What are capital gain distributions?

Mutual fund companies report your share of the mutual fund's capital gains on Form 1099-DIV as capital gain distributions. Capital gain distributions are different than ordinary dividends in that they are eligible for the reduced tax rate for stock gains.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility