Questions & Answers

What is Injured Spouse Protection?

You may apply for protection as an injured spouse if your share of an overpayment shown on your joint return is expected to be applied against your spouse's past-due delinquencies or debts for back child support, court fees, and fees to counties, cities or educational institutions.

You are eligible for injured spouse protection if you are not legally obligated to pay the past-due obligations of your spouse. This means your spouse is solely responsible for the outstanding debts.

The person requesting injured spouse protection must have Arizona income with taxes withheld and reported on their own Form W-2 or Form 1099.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility