Questions & Answers

Can I amend my tax return on FreeTaxUSA?

Yes, you can file an amended return. If you filed your original tax return using our software, sign in to your account and choose the amended/corrected tax return option. The software will help you prepare your federal amended tax return and a state amended return if you filed your original state tax return using our software.

If you did not file your original return with us, you will need to enter the exact same information that you did for your original return. Once you have replicated your original return exactly, you will need to select to mail in your returns and proceed to the end. You then will be able to choose the amended/corrected tax return option.

We recommend that you do not amend your tax return until after you have received your refund or paid the taxes you owe from your original return you filed. The IRS will often automatically make a correction to your tax return for missing or incorrect W-2 or 1099 forms. You do not need to amend your federal tax return if the IRS corrects the error on your tax return when they process your original tax return. You will receive an IRS notice explaining the adjustment or asking for additional forms for documentation.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility