Questions & Answers

What if I rent out my home through Airbnb, HomeAway, VRBO, or another company?

Usually, the income for renting your home is reported on Schedule E as rental income. However, if you provide substantial services to your guests such as providing breakfast every day, cleaning their rooms every day, or providing maid service then you are considered more like a bed and breakfast and would report your income on Schedule C as business income and be subject to self-employment taxes in addition to income tax.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility