What is a Vermont Property Tax Credit Claim?
Vermont homeowners may be eligible for a credit against their 2021/2022 Vermont property tax. The 2021 property tax credit is based on 2020 household income and 2020/2021 property tax. A homeowner may be eligible for a credit if all four of the following requirements are met:
- Filed a valid Homestead Declaration
- Domiciled in Vermont all of calendar year 2020
- Own the property as your principal residence on April 1, 2021
- Not claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer for tax year 2020
- Had household income in 2020 up to $138,250 (Determine household income by completing Schedule HI-144.)
The Property Tax Credit Claim is due by April 15, 2021.
The maximum 2021 Property Tax Credit is $8,000. The property tax credit will appear as a state payment on your 2021/2022 property tax bill.