Questions & Answers

What if I paid taxes to another state?

If you are an Arkansas resident and included income on your Arkansas return that was also taxed by another state, you may claim a credit for the income tax portion of taxes paid to the other state on that income.

The income tax withheld from your wages by another state is NOT the amount of tax you owed the other state. For that reason, you must attach a signed copy of the tax return(s) you filed with the other states to your Arkansas return.

Mississippi's tax on gambling winnings is separate and distinct from Mississippi's income tax. As such, an Arkansas taxpayer can't claim a credit against their Arkansas income tax liability for payment of the gambling winnings tax to the State of Mississippi.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility