Questions & Answers

Why can't I get an Ohio credit for taxes paid on my wages to Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, or West Virginia?

Ohio has tax treaties with these states that prevent them from taxing your wages as long as you live in Ohio. Only Ohio can tax those wages.

If one of these states withheld tax from your wages while you lived in Ohio, you'll be able get a full refund of your withholdings on that state's tax return.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility