Questions & Answers

North Carolina Extension

An automatic extension will be granted to taxpayers if they certify on the state return that a federal extension has been granted. You do not have to file a North Carolina extension if you were granted an extension to file your federal income tax return. If you need to make an NC extension payment, you need to file Form D-410 , Application for Extension for Filing Individual Income Tax Return, by the original due date of the return. You can file Form D-410  online using North Carolina's website . Click on "File/Pay Extension".

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility