Questions & Answers

What if I paid taxes to another state or country?

All income an Iowa resident earns is taxable to Iowa to the same extent that it is taxable on the federal return even if the income was earned in another state, local jurisdiction, or foreign country. If another state, local jurisdiction, or foreign country taxes that same income, then the Iowa resident may be able to claim a credit for taxes paid to another jurisdiction. This is to avoid any double taxation of the same income.

This can also include income taxes paid to another juristiction, on your behalf, by a mutual fund or other regulated investment company.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility