Questions & Answers

What if I haven't received a Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) for 2018?

The CRP shows the amount of rent you paid and the amount of property taxes your unit is considered to have covered. You must have your CRP to determine your property tax refund and you will include it when filing your property tax return.

Your landlord is required to give you a completed Form CRP, Certificate of Rent Paid, no later than January 31 of the following year.

Renters who are unable to obtain a CRP from their landlord(s) by March 1 should call the Minnesota tax help line to obtain a Rent Paid Affidavit (RPA) at 1-800-652-9094.

Let's Get Started

© 2002-2019 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement