Questions & Answers

Should I take the military credit or the military subtraction?

If your adjusted gross income is $37,500 or more, the subtraction will provide a greater benefit. If your federal taxable income (federal Form 1040, line 11b) is less than your subtraction or if your subtraction is $14,018 or more, the subtraction will generally provide an equal or greater benefit. You can also try each one independently to see which one will be most beneficial.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility