Questions & Answers

What active military separation pay qualifies for a West Virginia subtraction?

If you are a West Virginia resident and were on active duty for at least 30 continuous days and have separated from active military service, your active duty military pay from the armed forces of the United States, the National Guard, or Armed Forces Reserve is an authorized modification reducing your federal adjusted gross income only to the extent the active duty military pay is included in your federal adjusted gross income for the taxable year in which it is received. A copy of your military orders and discharge papers (DD 214) must be included with your return when filed. If you're mailing, your W-2 will also need to be included.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility