Questions & Answers

Who may file Form IT-40RNR?

Full-year residents of Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Wisconsin may use this form if:
  • Your income from Indiana sources is only from wages, salaries, tips or commissions, and
  • Your Indiana credits are only from Indiana state and/or county taxes withheld.
While unemployment compensation from Indiana sources received by an Indiana nonresident is not subject to tax in Indiana, you must file Form IT-40PNR to claim a refund of ANY Indiana state/county withholdings.

Do not file this form if you have Indiana riverboat winnings. You must file Form IT-40PNR.

Professional team members cannot file Form IT-40RNR; they must file Form IT-40PNR.

If you have made any estimated payments or wish to make any estimated payments, you must file Form IT-40PNR.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility