Questions & Answers

What if my spouse and I have different state residency statuses?

If you and your spouse file as Married Filing Jointly and either you or your spouse was a nonresident in 2021, Kansas requires that you file as nonresidents.

Otherwise, if you and your spouse have different state filing statuses, you can't file a state tax return together with FreeTaxUSA because we do not support returns for spouses with different residencies at this time. However, you may be able to set up two different accounts and file each of your state returns separately.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2022 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use (Updated 11/10/21) | Privacy Statement (Updated 2/1/2022) | Accessibility
This website is partnered with the National Compliance Group to ensure accessibility