Questions & Answers

What is the credit for taxes paid to another state?

This credit is provided to prevent the double taxation of income and is only available to legal residents of Alabama filing Form 40 who have income from sources outside of Alabama that is being taxed by Alabama and another state (or territory of the United States) in the same tax year. Residents of Alabama for only a part of the tax year can claim this credit only if the returns filed with Alabama and the other state cover the same periods.

You must complete Schedule CR and you must attach a copy of the other state's return or W-2G's if the taxing state does not allow a return to be filed for gambling winnings. You can complete Schedule CR by going through the Alabama interview process on our software.

Let's Get Started


Footer sections

© 2002-2021 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Accessibility