How can I claim the deduction for expenses incurred for the care of my disabled relative?

You may take a deduction for the expenses you incurred for the care of a disabled relative if all of the following are true:
  1. The disabled relative must be a grandchild, child, parent, or grandparent.
  2. The disabled relative must have been unable, by reason of physical or mental disability, to live independently.
  3. The disabled relative must be receiving or be eligible to receive Social Security benefits.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use