- Your child qualified as your dependent for 2014.
- Your child was eligible for Early Intervention Services or received special education as defined by the State Board of Education.
- Your child was considered to have a disability as of December 31, 2014, under the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. Eligible disabilities include:
- Intellectual disability
- Hearing impairment
- Visual impairment
- Communication disorder
- Emotional disturbance
- Orthopedic impairment
- Traumatic brain injury
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Specific learning disorder
You must get a statement of eligibility that confirms one of the disabilities listed above and the cover sheet from one of the following:
- The child's Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- The child's Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP)
Keep the statement and cover sheet with your permanent health records.