- Your child qualified as your dependent for 2012.
- Your child was eligible for Early Intervention Services or received special education as defined by the State Board of Education.
- Your child was considered to have a disability as of December 31, 2012, under the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. Eligible disabilities include:
- Deaf or blind
- Hearing impairment
- Mental retardation
- Multiple disabilities
- Orthopedic impairment
- Other health impairment
- Serious emotional disturbance
- Traumatic brain injury
- Visual impairment
Note: Learning disabilities or communication disorders alone do not qualify.
You must get a statement of eligibility that confirms one of the disabilities listed above and the cover sheet from one of the following:
- The child's Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- The child's Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP)
Keep the statement and cover sheet with your permanent health records.