Do I qualify for a credit for income tax paid to another state?

A Utah resident or part-year resident whose income is taxed by Utah AND another state(s), the District of Columbia, or a possession of the United States, may be entitled to a credit against Utah income tax for the amount of tax paid to the other state(s).

Only the actual taxes paid on the income taxed by both Utah and the other state qualifies for this credit.

Do not use the state income tax withheld from Form W-2 as the taxes paid to the other state. You must complete and file the other state's return to determine the amount of taxes paid. You may be asked to furnish additional information later to verify this credit.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use