What qualifies for the Credit for Contributions to Idaho Educational Entities?

If you donated cash to qualified educational entities, you may claim a tax credit. Donations of goods or services no longer qualify.

The credit is limited to the smallest of the following:
  • One-half of the amount donated
  • 50% of your Idaho tax
  • $500 ($1,000 if Married Filing Jointly)
  • Your Idaho tax minus the amount of credit for income tax paid to other states
A qualified educational entity includes the following:
  • A nonprofit corporation, fund, foundation, research park, trust, or association organized and operated exclusively for the benefit of Idaho colleges and universities
  • A nonprofit, private or public Idaho school (elementary, secondary or higher education) or its foundation
  • Idaho education public broadcast system foundations
  • Idaho State Historical Society or its foundation
  • An Idaho public library or its foundation
  • An Idaho library district or its foundation
  • An Idaho public or private nonprofit museum
  • Idaho Commission for Libraries
  • Idaho Commission on Hispanic Affairs
  • Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
  • Idaho Council on Developmental Disabilities
  • Idaho State Independent Living Council
  • Idaho Council for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Deluxe Edition

Includes All Free Features PLUS:

Audit Assist

Protect your taxes with Audit Assist!

Our tax professionals will assist you if you are audited by the IRS. Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are covered.

Included with DELUXE...
Find out More!

Free Edition

FREE Federal, FREE e-file

Our online application is designed to be simple and fast. Most returns can be completed within 30 minutes. No software to download. Use any computer that has an internet connection.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use