What if my parents claim me as a dependent?

If you answered "Yes" to the question on the Taxpayer Information screen that asks if your parents can claim you as a dependent, then you are not eligible to take an Education Credit on your tax return. Your parents, or whoever claims you as a dependent, are the ones eligible to claim the Education Credit on their tax return.

Deluxe Edition

Includes All Free Features PLUS:

Audit Assist

Protect your taxes with Audit Assist!

Our tax professionals will assist you if you are audited by the IRS. Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are covered.

Included with DELUXE...
Find out More!

Free Edition

FREE Federal, FREE e-file

Our online application is designed to be simple and fast. Most returns can be completed within 30 minutes. No software to download. Use any computer that has an internet connection.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use