Do I owe taxes on distributions from charitable gift annuities?

If you established a gift annuity to a charitable organization from which you're receiving periodic payments, you need to enter the amount here as Pennsylvania taxable interest income.

You need to report the same charitable gift annuity income on your Pennsylvania return that you reported for federal income tax purposes, regardless of when you began reporting the income from that charitable gift annuity.

If a charitable gift annuity is exchanged or sold in the future, the Pennsylvania basis in the annuity will be different from the federal basis if payments began prior to January 1, 2005.

Deluxe Edition

Includes All Free Features PLUS:

Audit Assist

Protect your taxes with Audit Assist!

Our tax professionals will assist you if you are audited by the IRS. Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are covered.

Included with DELUXE...
Find out More!

Free Edition

FREE Federal, FREE e-file

Our online application is designed to be simple and fast. Most returns can be completed within 30 minutes. No software to download. Use any computer that has an internet connection.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use