I made a mistake on my tax return, how do I correct the return?

If you have not e-filed or mailed the tax return yet, you can sign in to your account and make any changes you need.

If the IRS accepts your tax return, then you will need to do an amended tax return to make changes to your original tax return. Sign in to your account and go to the paragraph that talks about amended/corrected tax returns on the View Return Status and Print Your Copy screen. You will be able to start an amended tax return from that paragraph. We'll help you prepare your federal amended tax return and also your state amended return(s) if you filed your original state tax return(s) with us.

If the IRS has rejected your return, we'll display the reason for the rejection and a suggestion for fixing it.

Trusted Company

14 Million Returns Filed

As an authorized IRS e-file provider, FreeTaxUSA® has e-filed over 14 million returns!

Best Value

File your federal taxes for FREE.
Add a state return for only $12.95.
Get the best value online!

Fast Refund

Get the fastest refund possible!

FreeTaxUSA provides the fastest way to get your refund when you use IRS e-file and direct deposit.

100% Accuracy

Our site checks for errors or problems before you send your tax return to the IRS. We guarantee the calculations in our software will be 100% accurate.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use