Form 4868 extension and amount owed to the IRS.

If you owe money to the IRS, you will need to send in your payment by April 15th in order to avoid interest or late payment penalties. However, even if you cannot pay the IRS the amount owed, you should either file your tax return or file an extension by April 15th in order to avoid late filing penalties. Late filing penalties are a lot larger than interest or late payment penalties. A Form 4868 extension, gives you an extra 6 months to file your tax return, but it does not give you an extra 6 months to pay any taxes owed to the IRS.

Deluxe Edition

Includes All Free Features PLUS:

Audit Assist

Protect your taxes with Audit Assist!

Over 1.7 million taxpayers were audited last year... let us help. Our tax professionals will assist you if you are audited by the IRS. Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are covered.

Included with DELUXE...
Find out More!

Free Edition

FREE Federal, FREE e-file:

Our online application is designed to be simple and fast. Most returns can be completed within 30 minutes. No software to download. Use any computer that has an internet connection.

© 2002-2015 FreeTaxUSA, a TaxHawk, Inc. owned and operated website - Terms of Use